Ready to see one of our team?
If you're ready to book an appointment, get in touch today.
Church Road Dental Care offers NHS dental services for adults and children. Call 01273 731575 to check our latest availability.
The NHS provides essential dental care only, which patients require to keep their mouths, teeth and gums healthy and pain-free.
It does not provide cosmetic treatments or advanced treatments such as Dental Implants. As an example, NHS treatment would use amalgam (silver metal) for fillings, rather than a white filling, which will blend better with the natural teeth.
However even as an NHS patient, at Church Road Dental Care you are still able to upgrade to aesthetic private options for any treatments, should you choose.
NHS fees in Northern Ireland are set by the Health Board and are the same in each practice. The patient pays 80% of the treatment fee, with the NHS subsidising the other 20%. There is a maximum fee for an NHS course of treatment which is currently £384.
For an extensive course of treatment, permission must be obtained from the Dental board, prior to starting the treatment, which can cause delays.
NHS Dental care is free of charge for children under the age of 18, and for those under 19 and in full-time education.
Dental care is also free on the NHS if you qualify for it under the NHS exempt criteria. Pregnant women and women who have a baby under 1 year old are entitled to free dental care. Certain benefits will also entitle the recipient to free NHS Dental care.
Portman Dental Care Awards
COVID SECURE - Our practice remains OPEN and welcoming patients. We have introduced several ways to keep you safe, take a look for more information.
COVID SECURE - WE ARE OPEN